Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P is for Possibilities

P is for Possibilities


“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” 
― George Eliot (from Goodreads)

To me this quote sums it all up.  Maybe there are things I wished I had done as a younger person, but instead of wishing I need to get up and do them. And it's never too late... until I'm underground.

This leaves so many possibilities.  It's like writing.  In a novel there are endless different paths my MC can take and the only limit on what they can experience is my own imagination.  SO why would I limit myself?  Why not write my own story and fill it with adventure and good deeds?  Of course I'll try to leave out the antagonists, but I'm sure they will rear their ugly heads somewhere along the line.  Like my MC I have to find a way to push on and defeat them to continue along my journey. It might not have a perfectly happy ending but maybe I can create a story that others would read.

I also want to share how proud I am today!  Proud that my daughter Jess has just finished writing her second  YA novel!  Way to go!  She's already accomplished so much.         


Make sure to check out all the other great A-Zers.

Have a peaceful day

Kathy :)

5 comments:

  1. great quote. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your notion about making yourself the hero of your own story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good philosophy... applying the principles of writing to your own life. Big congrats to Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Jess!! Excellent topic Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking of a pleasant thought about the POSSIBILITIES that the three of us (you, Jessica, and I) could attend book fairs together - particularly when they're held within the driving distance in the Midwest. All three of us could gain hands-on experience about what it takes to market our books - to those who LOVE to read!

    I believe that people are more likely to buy your books if they had a chance to talk with you. So, at the LA Times Festival of Books this weekend, I'm going to challenge myself to come out of my shell and chat with as many people as POSSIBLE at my booth. I really want to go on another cruise with you guys, so this had better work and go viral. I’m so excited about the POSSIBILITIES of what could happen at this event! Love, your MIL

    ReplyDelete