Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for Optimism

O is for Optimism


“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” 
― Mahatma Gandhi (quote from Goodreads)


I started out with a poem on optimism, but I got discouraged.  I couldn't come up with a good ending.  I sat for 30 min staring at the blinking cursor.  Frustration crept through me.  For inspiration, I read lots of great quotes about acting the way you want to feel. Still nothing came. I listened to music, but then my music stopped working.  And then I laughed.  I was supposed to be writing about optimism and I was feeling down about it!  I smiled and told myself, "I've got lots of ideas!"  The poem still didn't work out but at least I felt better.
Sometimes it doesn't always work out the right way, but maybe we can find something there to laugh about.

Make sure you check out all the other great A-Z entries here.

Hope your day is filled with opportunity and optimism!

Kathy :)

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for Gandhi's inspirational words. They made my day, along with your smiling spirit when the poem didn't work out -- but really, it did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You illustrated that having an optimistic attitude is a choice! The poem didn't work out, but you wrote a lovely post about the experience. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could turn it around and come up with this nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is ironic that you, one of the most optimistic people I know, would have trouble writing about it. Nice write up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your turned that around.
    Great post.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for that great quote by Gandhi. It gave me an aha moment - THAT's why I'm happy! Perhaps it is also the opposite of happiness that you may have experienced that magnifies your sense of happiness even more - when your thoughts, words, and actions are finally in perfect alignment and in harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post illustrates how even when you are stuck on something, you can turn it around and accomplish what you set out to do. Now that requires a lot of optimism! =)

    ReplyDelete