Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for Deja Vu

V is for Deja Vu 


We sat at the table, feasting on the Pad Thai Alyssa had just prepared.  Jess reached across the table to get a second helping and said, "This is great, but I'd like fewer bean sprouts in it.  I like them crunchy like this though, the one's in Chinese restaurants are a little softer."

My head spun, and pictures flashed before my eyes.  This had already happened.  I remembered everything down to the exact words Jess had just said.  Then the nagging feeling that some other event was tied to it crept its way into my mind, but I couldn't place what it was.  I tried to recall it, but it slipped away.  I would have to wait for the real event to occur.  

Had I dreamed it? I don't know, I think so, but how can you dream events that have not happened yet?  I don't know how to explain the feeling of deja vu, which in French literally means, "already seen", I just know that I experience it every once in a while and its kind of creepy and cool at the same time.

It's also weird that it happened last night, just in time for me to write about it for "V" today.  Maybe I'm really a science fiction character who travels different dimensions and I can't remember which one is which.

Have you ever experienced deja vu?        

Make sure to check out all the other great A-Z ers.

And don't forget to check out Alex Cavanaugh, he's holding a book giveaway to celebrate his awesome achievement of 1500 followers!  Way to go Ninja Captain!

And check out Alyssa's blog she only needs 18 more followers to hit 100!


Have a voluminously happy day!
(not sure I used that correctly)


Kathy :)

15 comments:

  1. Yum yum! I love Pad Thai - now I'm starving.

    I rarely experience deja vu. I wish I did more! Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have experienced deja vu and it is weird and wonderful at the same time perhaps there are forces (good ones) at work beyond our knowledge that obviously helped you with today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have experienced it and it is a freaky feeling! Are we really just in THE MATRIX? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, i have frequently experienced it--odd weird feeling that comes with it--kinda like an out of body or experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love deja vu! I learnt about one theory in biology, which is that deja vu occurs when your brain thinks it hasn't fired a signal so it sends it again, which makes you think you have experienced it before. Isn't that interesting? (Probably not to anyone else!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Déjà vu? Haven't you written this before? I swear I've already read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deja Vu? Haven't you written this before? I swear I've already read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've often felt that way. It's funny. Can't be explained.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deja Vu is freaky. Maybe we are reincarnated because we didn't get it the first time...hope I am smarter this time. ha! I can't believe you beat me to Alex's blog last night. I tried but was number 6 to comment.
    :-) Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'm smarter too!!

      I kept refreshing Alex's blog and I couldn't believe I got to it first!! hehe

      Delete
  10. First, now i really want pad thai -
    And yes, i experience Deja Vu all the time. I actually had a friend who had Deja Vu so hardcore once that he was actually able to predict the future - seriously - he shouted out that another friend was going to enter through a certain door carrying a lantern, and she totally frickin did like 2 seconds later.
    He says he's never been able to do that since

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so amazing!! I really want to find out more about the phenomenon!

      Delete