Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for Boys' Club




















B is for Boys' Club


"Black holes are stronger than bears!" Ryan shouts launching himself into the air.
"No bears, are the strongest things in the universe!" My husband counters as Ryan lands on him and they tumble to the ground in a fierce battle.  They grab and wrestle until finally my husband, the bear, attacks with his most powerful defense, the dreaded Salmon Snatcher.  He pins Ryan to the ground and swipes Ryan's belly, tickling him ferociously.  Both of them break out into laughter and I'm called to see whether the Bear or the Black Hole won.  Just another day at the Boys' Club.

 In our family the girls outnumber the boys. So when Ryan was about 4, he and my husband came up with the Boys' Club.  They would hide under blankets and tell adventure stories of flying to Mars and other far off places.  No girls were allowed except by special invitation.  Now it has evolved to where they do special science projects together, read, play video games and play the infamous Bears vs. Black Holes.  Girls are still not allowed.  

Hope your B day is filled with beauty and boisterous fun!

Check out all the other great entries at the A-to-Z Challenge.

Kathy :)

12 comments:

  1. That's adorable! What a great memory for your son to have as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I'd love to have a boys' club in my house someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My house is always boistrous. I have four sons, no daughters, and I'm a single mom. We also have a male cat named Leo. Glad they don't exclude me too much! Although, I call our basement, "Boy Heaven."

    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys club - what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way for a father and son to bond. When the years pass and your son marries, he will bond with his son - happiness all around grows. And thanks for stopping by. I'm following your food blog now, not that this blog isn't interesting, for it certainly is, but I can catch up with it. You had me with Vietnamese Pho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! My dad never had the option, having two girls. :)

    Though we played practically every sport in the book, so he got his 'boys club' in anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The boys club sounds like a great bonding experience for your son. Father figures like that give society hope against everything in the news today. Don't the girls ever try and get in?? Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to capture these moments through the A-Z Challenge! Can't wait to see what you write tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, what a nice thing to pass on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome adventure for dad and son! That's so cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This put a very big smile on my face...what a wonderful relationship father and son have. These will be the memories that bind these two together for a lifetime of love, respect and joy.

    Your post warmed my heart - thank you for sharing this story.

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete