Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for Will

W is for Will

The pieces fell into place.  I knew what I was supposed to do.  But what if they were wrong?  What if I wasn't the One?  Maybe I'd gotten this far merely based on their lies. I would find out soon enough.  Everything came down to this moment.  The cold steel was heavy in my hands. I had a choice, but would I make the "right" one?    Have I ever made my own choices or have I simply followed the path the universe set before me?  From now on I would be remembered, but as a hero or a demon I knew not.


Ok that's my random flash fiction on free will.  Hope you liked it.

Here's a random question...Why are there so many great "W" words?  What is it about a letter that lends itself to create more words and words? And why do they seem to have similar qualities?  It seemed to me that the letter "V" has a lot of depressing or dark words, like vile, venomous, and voracious, but "W" has wonder and waterfall and willing, and many other more uplifting words.  Just wondering.


Have a weird and wonderful day!!

Make sure to check out all the other great A-Z entries.


Kathy :)

6 comments:

  1. Interesting snippet of flash fiction. W stands for Wild dogs of the African plains. :) I must tell you, it took me days to come up with a word beginning with W for my African theme.
    I've been reading blogs all day and am amazed at the diversity of uses for the letter "W".
    Anyway, I enjoyed your little fiction taster.
    Blessings, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possible we have so many W words is the languages of origin? Germanic and Nordic? I don't know. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only we knew someone who had majored in linguistics in college. Well, we wouldn't wonder why W was wepresented (OK, that's a stwetch)with wholesome waterfall words, would we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each day, when I start reading your blog, I don't know if you are writing about your thoughts, observations, experiences, or a flash fiction - all of which I enjoy. I like the mixture and not knowing which way it is going to be until I read it because it gives me a sense of excitement. I enjoyed your flash fiction! Love, your MIL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's because W is like double V for victory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are far too many great "W" words - I had a hard time determining which was worth writing about; so it took me all day to write my post. Yours, by the way, is a good piece of FF.

    ReplyDelete