Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for Nervous

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I can't believe we are already more than half way through the alphabet!
My main character in my fantasy WIP is named Nakyte, so I figured I would put her in a little flash fiction showing today's word.

N is for Nervous

Nakyte realized she was holding her breath.  She inhaled and closed her eyes, trying to slow the pounding in her chest.  Why was this so difficult?  She fidgeted with her collar.  All of a sudden her shirt felt restrictive.  She had spoken to him many times before, but somehow it was different now.  Now that she knew how she felt about him.  She rubbed her sweaty palms together. What if he didn't feel the same way?  But she didn't have time to waste.  If she didn't say something now, he would be gone and never come back.  Everything depended on this moment. She turned to him. Her throat tightened.  The words barely made it out, "Shen, I love you."


Well hope you enjoyed it.  I'm off to check out all the other great entries in the A-to-Z Challenge.

Have a nice day!
Kathy :)

5 comments:

  1. Great imagery! I really liked it.

    Excellent job,
    Michelle :)

    www.michelle-pickett.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so cute!
    "She had spoken to him many times before, but somehow it was different now. Now that she knew how she felt about him." - Loved these lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I like being pulled into the emotion of the character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice little piece. I liked her internal thought process. It's the sort of thing I do, but you do it better!

    ReplyDelete