Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N is for Never



PT’s 91 Years of Wisdom
This year, I had a terrible time trying to figure out what my A-Z theme would be.  I finally decided that this year, I would honor my beloved 91 year old grandfather, Paul Titus, or PT as his friends called him, who passed away on February 8th.  He lived a wonderfully full life and was always trying to challenge my brothers and me to think out of the box.  So for this challenge I thought I would share little bits of his wisdom that he tried to bestow upon us.  
But I also want to highlight the wonderful bloggers in this community who have published their books.  So everyday, I will give a quick  shout out to those works with titles beginning with the letter of the day.  


Gramps sporting his ever present plaid pants

In all the days I knew him, Gramps never wore a pair of shorts.  Even on the hottest of days, he wore long pants while chopping down dead trees,  working in the garden, or building something.  Of course when he was done he would put on his “swim trunks”, that’s what he called a swimsuit, and go swimming.  
I don’t really know why.  We all thought it was funny.  I think he thought men looked silly in shorts.  We never told him what we thought of his plaid pants, though I’m sure he knew, he just didn’t care.  :)

****
Now it's time for the "N" shout outs!


Angela Brown
I can't believe the A-Z is already half over! I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am! Check out all the other A-Zers here.

Have a nice "N" day!

Kathy :)

4 comments:

  1. I've seen NeverLove on several blogs today. Go Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's obviously whatever he was comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he just knew how silly shorts and black socks looked?
    Never Love is an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to honour your dear grandfather. You're right they do have wisdom with their years. We still call boys swim wear swim trunks and when he was a young man, plaid pant were 'in'. They probably reminded him of those times.
    Dropping by on the A to Z Challenge. Randomly picking bloggers, now.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete