Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for Humor

Sorry I'm posting this so late guys!  Other things got in the way today.


PT’s 91 Years of Wisdom

                   This year, I had a terrible time trying to figure out what my A-Z theme would be.  I finally decided that this year, I would honor my beloved 91 year old grandfather, Paul Titus, or PT as his friends called him, who passed away on February 8th.  He lived a wonderfully full life and was always trying to challenge my brothers and me to think out of the box.  So for this challenge I thought I would share little bits of his wisdom that he tried to bestow upon us.  

But I also want to highlight the wonderful bloggers in this community who have published their books.  So everyday, I will give a quick  shout out to those works with titles beginning with the letter of the day.  


“There are lots of things in life that aren’t too funny, but you gotta learn to laugh.”  Gramps said this a lot and he tried to live it.     
He wasn’t too excited to spend so much time in and out of doctors offices and hospitals.  But he always went in with a smile and a sense of humor.  It was like he wanted to put everyone else at ease.  Once a nurse asked him which arm they should draw blood from, and he pointed to my mom and said, “Maybe you could use my daughter’s this time.”   They asked how he was feeling and he replied, “If I were any better, I’d be too good...but I lie a lot.  Actually, I’ve lost so much weight that when I buckle my trousers, my back pockets become my front pockets.”

He loved getting people to laugh.  Sometimes he would tell a story and no one would know if he was telling the truth or making it up as he went along.  But it never mattered, because it was always a great tale.  Maybe that’s why I love writing so much.  
****

Now for the "H" title shout outs!


L. Diane Wolfe
Talli Roland



Hope everyone's having a happy "H" day and a great week.  Don't forget to go and check out all the other great posts for the A-Z here.


Kathy :)

7 comments:

  1. Everyone should've had his attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! What a delightful surprise.

    Your grandfather sounds like a true gem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to love that sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love grandpa stories. My grandpa took me to a restaurant one time and the lasy asked him what kind of potatoes he wanted with his steak and he said, Smashed. Without missing a beat the waitress asked him if he wanted them smashed on the window or the table. He laughed really good and then said on the plate would be fine.

    Dark Thoughts Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sense of humour he had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He must have been such a beloved patient!

    ReplyDelete