Monday, April 8, 2013

G is for Grandkids



PT’s 91 Years of Wisdom
Gramps being silly with half of his great grandkids
This year, I had a terrible time trying to figure out what my A-Z theme would be.  I finally decided that this year, I would honor my beloved 91 year old grandfather, Paul Titus, or PT as his friends called him, who passed away on February 8th.  He lived a wonderfully full life and was always trying to challenge my brothers and me to think out of the box.  So for this challenge I thought I would share little bits of his wisdom that he tried to bestow upon us.  
But I also want to highlight the wonderful bloggers in this community who have published their books.  So everyday, I will give a quick  shout out to those works with titles beginning with the letter of the day.  



Gramps climbed up on his desk at work, cupped his hands to his mouth, and announced, “Here ye, here ye I have the best grandkids in the world!”  Well, that’s what he told me he did anyway.  In my mind I saw him shouting daily to his whole office, the wonderful qualities  me and my two brothers possessed.   

I thought it was funny that my very well mannered grandfather would actually stand on his desk at work, but most of all I was honored that he wanted to shout to the world how much he loved us.  It took me a number of years to realize he was probably kidding, but he made us feel special.  

Over the years, he was blessed with six great-grandchildren.  He made time for each one of them.  He read to them, sang to them, taught them to fish, and he was even known to have squirt gun fights with them.
When he would come to visit us, he would play Playstation with Ryan, (he had no clue what he was doing! :)), and come to the ice rink to watch Jessica and Alyssa skate.  And even though he didn’t climb up on the tables, he told everyone he knew about his grandkids.  

So I guess, now it’s my turn to stand up and shout to the world, “Here ye, here ye I had the best grandpa in the world!”   

****

Now for the "G" title shout outs!

Gwen Gardner















Roland Yeomans















If I missed any blogger buddy books that begin with "G" feel free to add the titles in the comments.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We did, we went up to Michigan to visit my in-laws and had a wonderfully relaxing time!

Have a gorgeous "G" day!

Kathy :)

16 comments:

  1. Great books for G today!
    And you've been shouting that very well this past week. He would be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to shout about him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a sweet post. What a special gentleman he was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an issue about grandkids. With four children all of dating age it has crossed my mind (several million times) whether I would like grandkids or not.

    Of course the answer is yes but with a resounding not for another ten years or so. I think I need a break first from my kids without worrying about their kids as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandpa was a fantastic man, it's so nice that you can honour him here. I've read Giving Up the Ghost - great book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post!

    When I published my first book last fall, the person I was most excited to give it to was my grandfather. He has always stood by all his grandkids and believed in us, encouraged us to chase our dreams, and I was so happy to be able to let him see that his faith in me hadn't been misplaced.

    Grandparents who adore their grandkids are an irreplaceable treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kathy, for the shout-out of my book! The ghosts of Marlene Dietrich and Mark Twain smile your way. Actually, Marlene blew you a kiss. :-)

    I envy you your grandfather. Mine was a monster, leaving only fear, shattered lives, and heartbreak in his wake.

    I am sure your Grandfather loves your tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah i love your posts about your Grandpa, it's so lovely to honour him. Such lovely memories :)I have had a busy couple of days so need to catch up on some blog posts will go back and check your posts I've missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. G is for great (as in wonderful) grandpas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grandpaps are very special people. I wish I'd been able to give my grandpap some great-grandkids before he passed on, but fate had other plans for me. He probably didn't mind, and was happy with what life gave him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I love your theme! Grandparents are the best. I absolutely adored mine. I'm sure he's looking down and smiling now.

    And thank you so much for your shout-out! I had no idea. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't create a lot of remarks, but i did a few searching and wound up here "G is for Grandkids". And I do have a couple of questions for you if you usually do not mind. Is it simply me or does it look like a few of the responses appear like left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on additional online sites, I'd
    like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post. Could you list
    of every one of all your public pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page
    or twitter feed?

    Check out my blog post :: 2nd hand cars for sale

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific G post. I loved my grandparents and did a lot of traveling with them. They came to all of our softball, baseball, cheerleading and basketball games. They were the best and I miss them.

    ReplyDelete