Wednesday, April 27, 2016

W is for West Side Market

Cleveland is Cooler Than You Think!
All over the media, in tv and movies, Cleveland gets made fun of. In this year's A-Z Challenge, I'm here to show you everything Cleveland has to offer!


W is for West Side Market


West Side Market 


Opened in 1912, Cleveland's West Side Market, has everything. You can find high quality meats, cheeses, pastries, seafood, fruits and vegetables, and many ethnic specialties. There are currently over 100 vendors that sell their goods to the over 1 million visitors that come every year in part spurred on by featured segments on Food Network and the Travel Channel.





Fruit and veggie area of the market












and Winter Wonderland



I know everyone is looking forward to summer after a cold grey winter, but Ohio is beautiful when it snows. Sure I love warmth as much as anybody, but it is so peaceful when the Earth is covered in a blanket of snow.












Doggy Style (It's really not what you think!)

My three kids have taken up the habit of naming all the different positions our beagle Rory gets himself into.  Most of the time even I can't quite figure out why they chose the names they did but I thought it might put a smile on everyone's face to share in this silliness!


W is for Water Boogle

Rory was really scared to get in the water at first, but he seemed to like it after he realized he could swim.








I can't believe we only have three days of the Challenge left! How have you been holding up? Have you been to a large city market?  Hope everyone is having a great week! 


Also Jess wrote an amazing post on her new blog: My Unofficial Guide to Everything, check it out!

Kathy :)

6 comments:

  1. I would love to walk through that market! And I miss snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roland and Mike- Yeah, it is a pretty cool place! Thanks for stopping by guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Although the snow kind of makes me shudder in fear. And I love the cute doggy swimming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Winter Wonderland pic! Thanks for the visit yesterday. I spell my name the same as you do...with a 'K' and a 'Y' :)
    ~Katie
    TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Winter Wonderland photo! We did live in Ohio for one winter, but I don't remember much snow. The West Side Market reminds me of the city markets I experienced when I lived in Colombia, SA many years ago. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete