Thursday, April 7, 2016

F is for 4th Street, Foodies and Film Fest!

Cleveland is Cooler Than You Think!
All over the media, in tv and movies, Cleveland gets made fun of. In this year's A-Z Challenge, I'm here to show you everything Cleveland has to offer!

F is for 4th Street, Foodies and Film Fest

There's a lot to cover today and I don't want my post to run on forever, so I'll just give you a quick overview of everything!

4th Street

Me and my kids in front of Lola
4th Street is the place to be in downtown Cleveland. It has everything. Great upscale and casual dining, live music, theatrical productions, comedy nights and bowling! And 4th Street is only minutes from all three of Cleveland's major sports venues. A couple of my 4th Street favorites are Erie Island Coffee Co., Zocalo (great Mexican food), and Lola. We haven't been to the House of Blues yet, but that's next on my list.  


Foodies

Lola is one of three restaurants owned and operated by celebrity Iron Chef Michael Symon. We ate their one night after watching a Cleveland Indians game. It was chic without being too fancy and the dishes were a delicious experience that lived up to Chef Symon's reputation.  His other Cleveland restaurants include, Lolita which just closed due to a fire but will reopen as soon as possible, The B Spot voted best burgers in America, and Mabel's BBQ which will open April 11, 2016.

But if you're a dedicated foodie there are many other fantastic Cleveland options. Chef Symon told Foodnetwork what his favorite places to eat are in Cleveland and here they are:

The Greenhouse Tavern - This is the place if you want half a roasted pig head in bbq sauce!

Red, The Steakhouse -Rated one of the top 10 steakhouses in the country

Fahrenheit- Where seared tuna and Cleveland nachos reside on the same menu, featured on Rachel Ray's Tasty Travels

Momocho- ModMex restaurant where you can find 6 different types of guacamole, featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Superior Pho- Rated best pho in Cleveland!

Film Fest-


The 40th annual Cleveland International Film Festival is happening as we speak and runs through this weekend. This year there are 192 feature films and 213 short films from 72 different countries, 300 guest filmmakers, and so far over 100,000 people attending.

I'm not sure how our weekend schedule will play out but I'd love to stop in and check a few out. From Accidental Courtesy: Daryl Davis, Race and America a movie about an African American man who tries to find out why people hate him for being black by boldly meeting with neo-nazis and Grand Wizards of the KKK to The Adderall Diaries starring James Franco and Ed Harris in a story about a writer who realizes his past is what is haunting him, there are a lot of fascinating stories to choose from.



Doggy Style (It's really not what you think!)

My three kids have taken up the habit of naming all the different positions our beagle Rory gets himself into.  Most of the time even I can't quite figure out why they chose the names they did but I thought it might put a smile on everyone's face to share in this silliness!

F is for Floppers!
Sometimes when Rory runs fast enough, his ears flop out so much they almost look like he could take flight.





How would you like to eat a whole half a pigs head?   Have you ever been to a film festival?

I hope all of you are surviving the Challenge! I seem to be posting mine later and later in the day! Oh well.   Don't forget to visit other Challenge participants!

Have a great day!

Kathy :)

8 comments:

  1. My Beagle ears did the same thing and I used to think he looked like a flying dutchman. :-)
    Sounds like there is a lot of nice things taking place in Cleveland. I have been to Cincinnati because I flew into the airport there on the way from Germany to Indianapolis, Indiana, but I always had the impression that Cleveland had very little to offer. It is nice to see how wrong I was.

    Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.

    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thanks to the pig's head, but I'd love try something else if they have it. I was a regular at the film festival circuits when in my 20's, but sadly I have moved away from them for a long time now.

    Best wishes for the rest of the challenge,
    Nilanjana
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat-I think Cleveland has always gotten a bad rap, hopefully I can help change that!

    Nilanjana- Haha, yeah I don't think I want the pig's head either, but it looked like they had a lot of other interesting things to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son has spent a couple of weekends in Cleveland when one of his college friends worked there. He loved the city and they had a great time.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4th Streets sound sliek a fun place to visit :-)

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Jazz Age Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worked on 4th street for five years (at House of Blues and Zocalo). Still one of the best places in Cleveland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rory looks cute running like that! They can be so funny in their antics! Cleveland does have some great places to eat! It would be fun to check some of them out one day.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of places to eat! I live in a rural area, so my options are limited. If I'm ever in Cleveland, I might have to stop on 4th Street.

    ReplyDelete