Saturday, April 2, 2016

B is for Blossom and Browns

Cleveland is Cooler Than You Think!

I'm here to show you everything Cleveland has to offer!

Blossom Music Festival


A huge crowd at Blossom


One of my favorite things to do in the summer around Cleveland is to spend an evening at the Blossom Music Festival, an outdoor theater where you can watch performers ranging from Yo-Yo Ma and the Cleveland Orchestra to the Dave Matthews Band to Def Leppard, all while enjoying a relaxing picnic on the grass.


The fam relaxing before Yo-Yo Ma















Sun setting around Brown's Stadium
Cleveland Browns-  Anyone who follows professional football knows the Cleveland Browns are a less than stellar team year after year, in fact ESPN has named Cleveland "The Most Cursed Sports City."  As a Cleveland transplant, I didn't know much about the Brown's history.  Back in the 40's when the team was established, they actually dominated the AAFC and the NFL championships but since the Super Bowl was started they've not reached the big game.  There were two heartbreaking close calls in 1986 and 1987 where the Browns were minutes away from beating the Broncos in the AFC Championships but a last minute 98 yard drive the first year and a last minute fumble the second year swept away their Super Bowl hopes.

Cleveland fans supporting their Browns!

But as Winston Churchill once said, "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing
enthusiasm." Well we must be the most successful city in America, because despite disappointing seasons year after year, we Clevelanders continue to love, support, and hope for the Browns! And let me tell you when that Super Bowl win finally comes this city will party like no one has ever seen! :)


Doggy Style (It's really not what you think!)

My three kids have taken up the habit of naming all the different positions our beagle Rory gets himself into.  Most of the time even I can't quite figure out why they chose the name they did but I thought it might put a smile on everyone's face to share in this silliness!

B is for Baby



Don't forget to visit others participating in the Challenge!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We went on a college visit with Alyssa this weekend which was lots of fun!


Kathy :)

10 comments:

  1. I've never been to Blossom, which is crazy for as long as I've been here. Maybe I'll have to change that this summer. As for the Browns...no comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan- Oh you should definitely go! It's such a great way to spend an evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live just south of Philadelphia, I feel that sports pain but yes we still love our teams too. The whole city is behind Villanova Basketball at the moment, I can hear the students (I don't live far from the university) They are so excited! Baby is adorable:) Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doreen-We lived in Philly for two years and loved it! Villanova is having a great year! Good luck to them in the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to Cleveland, even though I don't live very far from it... the festival sounds fun! :) Also, my Old English Sheepdog often tries to do the same pose, except her is about 100lb... :D
    Thanks for stopping by!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    The Multicolored Diary
    MopDog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo, Browns, haha. At least your players have been less ruthless than the Bengals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Blossom Festival sounds neat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love watching the Browns play but the Green Bay Packers have always been my favorite team. Cleveland looks like a very nice city. Never been there.
    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete