Friday, April 1, 2016

A is for Awesome!

Oh my gosh, here we go!  The 2016 A-Z Challenge starts today!  Good luck to all the other participants.  I can't wait to see what everyone is writing about.  If you don't know what the A-Z Challenge is head on over to the Challenge site to read all about it, sign up, and find all the participants!

Cleveland is Cooler Than You Think!
Cleveland Skyline from Wikipedia
A is for Awesome


Beautiful summer night at Progressive Field! :)
Cleveland...Awesome? 
I questioned it too.  

I’m not originally from Cleveland and 10 years ago I didn’t know anything about it other than the fact that it's in Ohio.  At that time, we lived in West Hartford, Connecticut and were given a choice by my husband’s new employer to move to Cleveland or Austin, Tx.  

My husband was leaning toward Austin but we’d lived in a lot of great cities like Palo Alto, Philadelphia, and Seattle and I wanted to be closer to our parents in Michigan.  Our kids were growing fast and I wanted them to have a strong bond with their grandparents.  

So we packed up all our belongings and moved to Cleveland, not because it was Cleveland but because it was closer to Michigan.  A lot of my East Coast friends told me “I’m sorry,” when they found out we were moving to Cleveland. 

But after 10 years, I’ve come to think of Cleveland as an awesome place to live.  It's a diamond in the rough. No, it’s not New York, Miami, or LA, but honestly that’s what is so great about it.  From an amazing foodie scene to superb parks and museums to great rock and roll venues, Cleveland has so much to offer residents and tourists alike and this A-Z I’m going to show you all it has to offer.  




And introducing a special A-Z Bonus...

Doggy Style! (It's really not what you think!)

My three kids have taken up the habit of naming all the different positions our beagle Rory gets himself into.  Most of the time even I can't quite figure out why they chose the name they did but I thought it might put a smile on everyone's face to share in this silliness!

A is for Arachnid Eyes






I hope everyone has a wonderful start to the A-Z!

What has been your favorite post you've found so far today? Let's help spread the word for the best posts, just put the link to your favorite in the comments.

Kathy :)

12 comments:

  1. Cute bonus! I look forward to discovering more about Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving to Cleveland made sense. I could never be a Browns fan though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a very cool place to live---cute doggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the heart leads you to just the right spot. It seems this time your hearts did just that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great !!! Never been to Cleveland.will do someday.
    Thanks for the beautiful bonus :) made my day :)

    Cheers
    Rohini from
    http://unrulednote.blogspot.in/2016/04/ac-26daysofsummer-zchallenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Cleveland! Lake Erie is beautiful and there are lots of fun things to do in the city. I think Cleveland's "mistake by the lake" days are in the past. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike-Thanks!

    Alex-Haha, yeah the Browns are a little disappointing!

    Lynn-It is! :)

    Roland-Yes, I think so!

    Rohini- Great! He makes our day all the time! :)

    Julie-I think so too! They are working hard to revitalize it's image! Hopefully I can help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, I love the doggy special touch. My husband sometimes sings the song "Sad Eyes" by Dr. Hook because our dog gives us the saddest eyes for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess Cleveland isn't so bad. But I'm a Steelers fan, so I can't lend the Browns my support.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've lived in Cleveland for nine years, myself! In just those short nine years it has grown and changed dramatically. I'm proud of my little city!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie-Thanks! Those "Sad Eyes" are so sweet!

    Patrick-Haha! Okay, I'll let you off the hook on that one! :)

    Megan- Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have finally found your blog. I had the hardest time finding it. I love your Beagle. He has the cutest eyes. I had one once. I called him Sherlock.

    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete