Monday, May 9, 2011

Road Trip!

The kids couldn't wait to pile into the minvan yesterday.  They packed all their stuff into their suitcases.  Even my 6 year old packed his own clothes.  (I hope he remembered underwear!)  By 10:30 am. we were finally ready to go.  Unknown to me, my husband had had the kids answer a list of questions for Mother's Day.  In the van he handed me my own set of questions.  I was supposed to answer them out loud and then hear what the kids had said about me.  It was great to hear all the funny  and wonderful things my kids said about me.  My 6 yr old son, ever the joker, answered the question "How are you like your mom?", with "We both have ears."  My daughters were far more detailed.  My favorite were their answers to "What makes you proud of your mom?"  They put things like, "she is honest, she doesn't give up, she likes to learn new things".  I think I teared up.  It was the best present I could have gotten. It doesn't always feel like it, but I guess my kids really do understand me. 
45 minutes later my son asked, "How many more hours til we get there?"
Only 7 more hours to go!

I hope all of you moms had a great Mother's Day yesterday! 

I will try to continue posting off and on this week but we have spotty internet here.  Next week I will get back to my regular posts.  Have a great week!      


Kathy     

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like a great idea, so thoughtful!
    i got the house to myself for the day, peace & quiet =)

    ReplyDelete