Monday, September 19, 2011

Worst Movies Ever Blogfest

Happy Monday!

Today I'm participating in Alex J Cavanaugh's the Worst Movies Ever Blogfest!  It was fun to think of all the movies I'd seen.  It was actually hard to come up with 10 though.  I think my brain selectively forgot most of the bad ones I'd seen.  I had to look up our old Netflix ratings to see which movies I had given 1 star to.

Runners Up:

 Cedar Rapids, Dinner for Schmucks, Underdog, X-Men, Road Trip, Marmaduke,  Brother Bear, Mystery Men,

Here are my 10 worst movies:

10.  House of Flying Daggers- I think the writers of this one forgot they were supposed to write a story.  The scenery was beautiful but that's all it had.

9.  Avatar- I'm sorry I know lots of people loved this, but I expected more than fancy graphics.

8.  The Little Shop of Horrors-  A giant human eating plant and  musical?!

7.  Mega Mind- Just because Will Ferrell is in  a movie doesn't mean it will be funny.

6.  Diary of a Wimpy Kid- Parents have enough troubles, do we really want movies to advocate bad behavior in kids?

5.  2 Fast 2 Furious- I didn't really think the first one was that great, but the sequel crashed and burned.

4.  Knocked Up- Embarrassing to watch, not even funny

3.  Date Night- I love Tina Fey and Steve Carell so I assumed I was going to be crying with laughter. But, instead of being clever it tried to get cheap laughs with far too many sexual references.  It could have been a good movie but it was simply disappointing.

2.  Sweeny Todd- I guess I'm just not a fan of chopping people up and turning them into pies.  I actually had to stop watching because I thought I was going to be sick.

And the  Number 1 worst movie goes to.....

  Johnny Mnemonic- There isn't even anything that needs to be said about this one!


Check out Alex's blog to find all the other entries.

What are the worst movies you've ever seen?  Is there a pattern to movies you don't like?


Kathy

16 comments:

  1. I didn't find anything funny about Knocked Up either. I did like the Fast & Furious films, except the third.
    Thanks for participating in the blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even dare think about seeing Knocked Up--thanks for the warning!

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?

    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten about 2 Fast 2 Furious ... my void of movies. With such nice eye candy, it was a big disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While this list contains some bad movies and one even from my list. You need to watch some really bad movies. I would start with M. Night and move to Uwe Boll and Roger Corman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i will have vengeance, i will have salvation... sweeney.
    :)
    i love bad/worst movies, these lists are tough!
    jeremy
    twothumbseightfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen all your pics, but I liked House of Flying Daggers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll let you have all of them, but not Avatar. That's my favorite movie of all time. :) Stopped by to say thank you for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Johnny Mnemonic--the title is a bit odd to begin with, though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so with you on the Will Ferrill thing! I did like Sweeney Todd, though, but only because the music is spanktastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually halfway liked Johnny Mneom- can't seem to spell it?! Aagh! Fight desire to look at spelling!
    BTW, which avatar did you mean? Last Airbender or just plain Avatar with the blue people?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Knocked Up was a disappointment for sure

    ReplyDelete
  12. I passed on Avatar and I'm really thinking that was the right choice based on how many lists it is turning up on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually liked Avatar and Date Night when i didn't think i would. But you left out Transformers :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good picks. Or should I say, bad pics.

    I gave you two awards on my blog today, btw.

    ReplyDelete