Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Watching Willow Watts Launch Party

Today I'm participating in the Watching Willow Watts Launch Party over at Talli Roland's blog.  It's her second novel and I can't wait to read it. In the book, Willow gets thrust into instant fame because of her You-Tube video in which she impersonates Marilyn Monroe.

 It's available on Amazon as an e-book for only 2.99 so head on over and check it out.

Queen Elizabeth's coronation from Wikipedia
If I could be anyone, I'd be... This was a difficult question for me to answer because I honestly am happy just being little old me.  Everyone has their own problems that they have to live with and so far I've been pretty lucky with mine.  That being said, if I had to choose, I would choose someone who lived an extraordinary life and therefore I pick....  Queen Elizabeth I.

Yes, she was locked in the Tower by her sister and her mother was beheaded by her father the King, but this woman was a leader.  She had the guts to believe in her own ideas and to not be swayed by anyone.  Many advised her to marry and produce an heir. But she decided if she couldn't marry the man she desired, she wanted only to be married to England.  Wow that's courage!    

If I had to be a man... I would choose Benjamin Franklin, because he got to travel around the world and I love all his cool experiments!

I also thought if I were to choose a fictional character, I think I would be Princess Leia.  I mean who wouldn't want to marry Han Solo?

So who would you be?

Kathy


13 comments:

  1. Queen Elizabeth I would be awesome to be, despite the rather tragic upbringing she had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Cool people to be. I don't know who I would be. I'm going to have to think on it. I am excited about this book though. It's on the list for my next Amazon order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to think that one reason why Elizabeth I was such a powerful monarch IS because her father was King Henry VIII. With a role model like that, how could you not turn out to be ruthless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! Queen Elizabeth was such a strong woman. So was Princess Leia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A powerful woman and history-maker. Fantastic choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choices! I really admire Elizabeth for her courage and strength of character. What a woman!

    Thank so much for taking part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good choice! I didn't even consider royalty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your answers! I wouldn't have thought of Queen Elizabeth, but she definitely lived a fascinating life and was a very brave woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super strong and influential? Sign me up! Great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this era!

    I would like to give you the Versatile Blogger Award. You can find the details on my blog: http://clickerbug.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/youve-just-won-the-versatile-blogger-award-what-are-you-going-to-do/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Kathy! Queen Elizabeth sure had presence! She was a fascinating monarch. And Benjamin Franklin ended up on the $100 bill (not that I see many of those, LoL!) so that's pretty cool!

    Princess Leia would be an awesome choice, too! I almost chose her, but I went with another courageous and tough fictional lady: Mulan! I wish I had her spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry my post was so brief, above. I had too many things to do and not enough time to do them, so my posts were short and sweet.

    I don't know who else I would be. I might pick an actor who got to play a really fun role or kiss a really handsome leading man or something. Someone who's fame didn't destroy them, but allowed them to do what they loved.

    Hmm. This doesn't really fit that criteria, but I might choose Jennifer Aniston, though she's had some difficulties with other people being bad to her. But she seems like a really strong, funny woman who's got a good head on her shoulders.

    If I could be a man, I'd choose to be Steve Martin, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps. That's me, clickerbug. (I hate this whole two-platform thing. I can never remember who I'm logged in as.)

    ReplyDelete