Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Jess!

Jess at 3 months
After 26 hours of labor, 15 years ago today, I became a mom for the first time.  I stared at the tiny little bundle in my arms and wondered what our future would hold.  I was instantly in love with her. Her dark almost black eyes stared up at me, trusting my every move. I felt too young to be responsible for this tiny human.  My husband and I still felt like kids. Did we really know enough about life to guide her?
I had no idea how proud I would be of her 15 years later!  I think now I'm learning more from her than she is from me.  She is always helping me with computer stuff and encouraging me to accomplish my goals.  Yesterday she advised me to stop cleaning and just sit down and write.
Lately I have cherished our early morning writing/editing sessions.  We sit with a cup of tea and laugh while we examine the silly sentences we have committed to the page.  I'm still in awe that she has finished her first novel before me!

And then there is skating...my two passions other than family are writing and skating.  When she and her sister finally decided they loved it, I was thrilled.  I could now share my love of the sport with them and it has been an incredible journey.

I can't wait to see what the next 15 years bring for her!

Stop by her blog over at Write Skate Dream and give her a big Happy Birthday! She would love to get 2 more followers to bring her to 100 today!

Kathy
Jess doing a back spiral :)

12 comments:

  1. What an awesome tribute! There should never be a day that goes by that we're not astounded by the blessings of our children. They are amazing creatures in our lives.
    You should be proud! Jess is so smart and sweet ... and wow I wish I had the discipline to finish a novel at 15!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for sharing your pride and pleasure in Jesse with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthdays take on a whole new meaning when you have children, don't they? Happy Birthday to you both, and much happiness in your writing, skating and dreaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! And home-schooled too! Awesome! I just made Jessica's 101st follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Thanks for sharing that with us. I am a new follower thanks to PK Hrezo who recommended you for an award on my blog. Please stop by to claim it when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Happy birthday to your big girl! I can't imagine what my kids will be like at 15!

    I gave you an award on my blog today! Pick it up at http://carla-jansen.blogspot.com!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your Jess! I hope she's having a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bit late as usual, but I love that baby picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great write. Thank you for sharing your pure emotions. Jess is indeed a very smart and talented girl. She is a year wiser and only going to get better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe I missed her birthday, but I popped by today and wished her a belated one. You should be very proud - Jess is one cool chick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your daughter!
    Looking forward to your picks for the blogfest on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jess is such sweet girl. And she was an adorable baby. Congratulations. The wonderful post definitely states the labor was worth it. I've already wished her happy birthday. Fifteen. Soon she'll be 21. Wow. Life goes by too fast. :)

    ReplyDelete