Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Life's Little Bloopers #1

Every once in a while I do something really stupid. I turn red, my cheeks flush with warmth and I try to hide from the world for a few moments.  I realize that every human has their dumb moments, but I don't have a list of these readily available to make me feel better. (Misery loves company right?)  So with that in mind, I am starting a series of posts in which I display all my bloopers.  This is my way of giving back, to help others realize that there is at least one person out there who has done something even dumber.

My First Thanksgiving Turkey:

I didn't realize that turkeys had to be defrosted for a couple days before cooking.  My college room mate and I tried taking it out of the fridge and letting it sit for about 2 hours. Then we put the icy bird into the oven.  After about 3 hours of roasting, we took it out to check on it.  The top layer was ok, but about 1/4 inch into the bird, it was still frozen.  I decided we should just turn up the temperature.  Our fiances showed up about an hour later.  We tried to serve what we could.  We each got about 1 slice.  (It probably wasn't safe to eat, but we didn't know that either.)  I don't quite remember, but I think we must have all gone straight for the store bought pumpkin pie and dinner rolls.  Somehow we survived the night and our fiancees did end up marrying us, so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment