Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Quiet Now

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving week.  I had to take a bolgcation for awhile as I was in charge of keeping 17 people fed and entertained for 3 days.  Though I'm exhausted today, it was well worth it. The 6 children ran around the house creating chaos but their laughter filled the house.  I loved helping my nieces with craft projects.  My 3 year old nephew finally was comfortable enough to wrap his arms around me and lay his chubby little cheek on my shoulder.  My younger brother and I made stuffed mushrooms and barbecued turkey sandwiches while debating global issues.  My older brother helped out with the dishes and gave me an update on all the new computer gadgets. I might have been the general in charge, but everyone pitched in to make this year's dinner successful.  What am I most thankful for?  I'm thankful that I took at least a little bit of special time to spend with each family member.  Because now that my house is quiet, I can feast on the memories that our family created.  (I'm also thankful that my husband accepts the craziness once a year so that we can have the whole family together in one place!)

Kathy  

No comments:

Post a Comment