Monday, November 22, 2010

Procrastinations

As usual, I have waited until the last minute! I have only 3 days now to prepare for turkey day. I shouldn't be sitting here blogging, I know, but I'm kind of addicted to it.  I can't wait until all the cleaning is done and everyone arrives.  The cooking is fun because I have some great helpers.  My mom helps me put everything together.  My grandpa one year helped me make phyllo mushroom triangles.  It was wonderful to have him brushing the phyllo sheets with butter and seeing how he carefully folded each one into it's triangular shape.  Another year my younger brother helped me make bruschetta.  I'm hoping I can get some other family members involved in the kitchen this year.  There is a special bonding that occurs when loved ones create a special dish together.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment