Friday, July 1, 2011

Bears vs. Black Holes

An epic battle
  There is an ongoing battle in our family.  "Black holes are stronger than bears!"  Ryan shouts and jumps furiously onto my husband.
"No, bears are stronger than black holes!"  My husband growls like a bear and his large hands claw at Ryan's belly.
They roll around on the floor grasping and clawing at each other. Feet and arms flail in the air.
"Black holes can suck up everything in the universe!" Ryan yells as he gets my husband in a head lock.

"Black holes just suck!  Bears are huge and have muscles!  Black holes don't even have muscles!" My husband counters and flips Ryan over.  Invariably, they call me over. I don't know how I became a referee for this cosmic combat, but I must decide the winner.  I declare anyone who is on top at the moment the champion.  In the fog of war they dismiss my words and continue their battle.  It finally ends in a rolling bear hug and the playing of video games together.  For now the house is quiet....until another black hole appears.  








A rolling bear hug


I also want to thank all my wonderful friends and family for making my birthday special.  I had a great day.  My son even told me, "Mom you still look really young."  That made my day.

We are heading up to the wilds of Michigan for the Fourth of July holiday, so I will not be posting for a couple of days.  Enjoy your weekend!

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. looks like a fierce battle!
    great pics, happy bday, and happy 4th of july!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they're having great fun. Have a wonderful 4th.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. To have a dad like that is not every boy's lot in life. You are all so blessed, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete