Monday, June 27, 2011

Little Girl in the Tree

This is me in a tree at my grandpa's house.   I loved being up there with the birds.  It was something special to see the world from a little different view.  It seems like only yesterday.  I don't know where the time has gone.  My son is about the age I was when this photo was taken.

Today I woke up a year older. I'm now only one year away from the big 40.  I always dreaded hitting that number, but birthdays are funny things.  I don't feel any older today and for some reason turning 40 next year doesn't bother me anymore.  I still strive to see the world differently and apart from knowing a lot more and being quite a bit taller and curvier, I still feel like that little girl in the tree.


My school picture :)












6 comments:

  1. I know what you're saying. And at 60 I still feel the way you're describing. It's like we never grow up, but we keep getting more responsibilities.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pic =)
    happy bday at the permanent number!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Arlee- isn't it funny that as kids we can't wait to be a grown up, but once we reach it we realize all those responsibilities are a lot of work!

    @ Tara- Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    I hear ya, sister. The big 40 is only 2 years away for me and it's mind boggling. How did we get here?? ANd yet, it seems like it's where we're supposed to be.
    You were so cute! I loved climbing trees as a kid... I always spot good climbing trees and think, "I need to climb that."
    But I still feel like that little girl some times too...I think that's good. It keeps us young at heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm nearing 40 in a few years, too. And I agree - in some ways, we never feel truly 'grown up'.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was a kid I never believed 'old' people when they said that they still felt young inside but it is true. Like Arlee says we never really grow up. I think it's just other people's perceptions of us. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete