Friday, February 3, 2012

KOMF Winners and Interview

Congratulations to Julie over at Rosewood Pencil Box and fairbetty at Fair Betty's World for winning the inaugural Knights of MicroFiction (KOMF for short) blog hop!  Yipee!  Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Julie.  Check out Jess' blog Write Skate Dream for an interview with fairbetty.

Alright let's get down to business and find out more about Julie.

Hi Julie, I hope your having a great day let's begin. 
When did you know you wanted to be a writer?


I've been scribbling story ideas and character sketches in notebooks (oh my gosh, so many partially-filled notebooks) for as long as I can remember, but it was never in the foreground because I was so involved in theatre and church and summer camp.  Around the time I got married, when all those things started to change, my long-time love for writing returned with a vengeance and has not let me go.

Oh I know what you mean by those half-filled notebooks! So what's your current WIP?


Uh...haha.  Right now? A lovely hot mess.
But behind that, it's a young adult adventure/fantasy about a boy named Bell. I've been thinking about it since college, and finally drafted it last year. Now I just have to make it...make sense.


I love YA adventures! Do you have any specific goals for this year?


Ooh, goals are scary for me. I need them, though, so I'll give it a shot. My number one hope for this year, writing, wise, is that I will have a working second draft of Bell's story by my birthday in June.

That would be a great birthday present.  Speaking of special days... you have one approaching, right? How long have you been blogging and how has it helped your writing?


My second blog-iversary (do any two people spell that the same?) is in April, and this whole experience has helped immensely.  I studied writing a bit in college, but in all honesty, I've learned more from author and agent blogs than I ever did in school (I was never the best student). Plus, I've gained precious crit partners, friends and readers. Also, confidence, opinions, and a fuller understanding of how fiction works, in general.

Is there anything else we should know about you?


I'm a vegetarian, a cat-owner, and this is the second time I've won a contest alongside fairbetty (also a vegetarian, cat-owner and real-life, pre-blogging friend, which is awesome). Hey girl, hey!

 Well that's all the time we have for now.  Julie, thanks so much for being here and we're looking forward to hearing more about Bell and his adventures in the future.  Thanks everyone for stopping by and have a great weekend!  
To sign up for next months Knights of MicroFiction blog hop fun click here.


Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Haha... this is so cool! Thanks, Kathy and Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome ladies! Thanks for joining us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to Julie. She's right about blogging being incredibly useful in terms of learning, and as opposed to college, it's free!

    I've awarded you the Versatile and Kreativ Blogger awards. Details are at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you, Julie. I like to spell it "blogiversary".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for introducing us to Julie. Good luck on getting your wip completed by your birthday. (Three cheers for vegetarians!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to be reaquainted with Julie. Happy blogiversary too for April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you, Julie. Great interview. I am now following your blog & will be back often

    ReplyDelete