Friday, August 26, 2011

Sparkfest Day 4

Well, we are on Day 4 of Christine Tyler's wonderful creation, Sparkfest.   Yeah!  Thanks Christine!

A lot of us seem to get our inspiration from books, newspaper articles, and movies.  But often I find myself inspired by where I am.  Gazing over a rugged landscape vivid with greens, blues and crisp whites somehow flips a switch in my brain.  I sit staring at the scene reaching for my notebook. I am driven, like a moth to the light, to describe the profound sense of inferiority yet connection that enters my being.  I drive my husband crazy with my sappy poetic speech. But, I could sit there all day pondering life's meaning and writing about it.  Maybe a story would never come of those inspired scribbles, but my inner being feels the need to express itself through writing as if my ancient ancestors had programmed me to do so.


Are there any place which have inspired your writing?


Have a great weekend!

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Picturesque scenes can definitely be inspirational. Sometimes I'll look at a picture or remember a place I've seen to find the spark for a flash fiction piece or short story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often use pictures to help me describe a setting. It enriches the writing. And nothing says art like nature. Yeah, my hubby would look at me funny if I used poetic talk much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful picture. You probably don't want to hear this but that's the sort of scene I'd look at and then start thinking 'what would happen if a load of zombies came over the landscape, or if a giant crack split that scene in two?'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherie- Pictures are great resources for inspiration.

    Laila- My hubby looks at me funny even when I don't speak poetically! :)

    Sarah- LOL! I never thought of it in that way! That would make an interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was a festival of sparks and i had a great time!
    you be as poetic as you want, you know we will listen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kathy! Landscapes like the picture on this post sparks my muse too! So beautiful. I would love to be sitting there on the grass right now with a notebook and pencil and my imagination! The beach and ocean always inspires me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to write on road-trips. This means that oregon and idaho end up in my WIP a lot.

    ReplyDelete