Monday, March 14, 2011

OOPS! I Almost Did It Again

Our family has made a conscious effort to unplug from the barrage of electronic data circling the globe.  Most of the time it causes no problems.  Every once in a while however, we miss a rather important bit of information, such as the beginning of Daylight Savings Time.  I missed it last year and was embarrassingly late to work.  Yesterday, I woke up relatively early to get some stuff done and I felt pretty good about my day.  I happened to glance at the calendar and noticed the little caption in the date saying DST begins.  "What? Already?"  I thought.  I didn't believe it.  I had to turn the computer on to see if it was true.  I still wasn't sure.  I checked my cellphone.  Sure enough the Earth had jumped ahead to the future and I was still an hour behind at least this year I made it to work.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment