Monday, February 27, 2012

Knights of Micro-Fiction

Today is the last Monday of the month which means it's time for the Knights of Micro-Fiction prompt! :)  

Here it is:
Write a micro-fiction/flash fiction story of 250 words or less beginning with these words:
After all this time, there it was...

Remember you have until Tuesday night to post your entry.  Jess, from Write. Skate. Dream., and I will choose 2 winning entries who will be interviewed by us later this week.  I can't wait to read what you come up with!  If you haven't signed up yet, click here, to join the linky list so we can check out your entries.

Here's mine:


After all this time, there it was.  "Look Shen, on the wall." Nakyte saw a small opening between two carved panels.  She passed through this hall every day but had never noticed the gap in the carvings.   Maybe there was a latch.  She handed the torch to Shen.
"Be careful, it might be rigged," he whispered.
"So you do care?" She asked.
"Hey, if you set off a trap I'm going to be stuck too."  He hoped she couldn't detect his true feelings for her.  It would never work between them.  It couldn't.  Their worlds were too different.  It was much easier if she didn't know. 
"Hey, I think I got it!"  Nakyte whispered.  There was a loud click and the wall opened to a dark passageway.  Nakyte and Shen peered into blackness.  Shen stepped in and held the torch high to illuminate their way.   A rush of cold moist air filled the space around them. 
"Come on," Shen motioned.  A maze of passages appeared before them.
"Which one do we take?"  Nakyte asked.
"It's the propehcy…we must choose the 'glowing path in the darkness to find answer which lies in the inner chamber.'  Shen remembered the prophecy that old Lorian had taught him so long ago. 
"That doesn't help Shen, I don't see a glowing path.  And doesn't the rest of the propehcy say we die if we pick the wrong one?"
"Yeah, well I have a good feeling about this one, for now that will have to do."



Hope you enjoyed it!  And check out the other entries.






Kathy :)

4 comments:

  1. I posted mine :) Thanks for hosting. I hope you get lots of entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I'd be so eager to guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I hope he knows what he's doing!

    ReplyDelete