Friday, August 10, 2012

Awesome News and On the Road part III

Yesterday was a rainy day at our newest destination of Elkhart Lake, Wi.  So the kids and I spent the day reading and writing... and I finished my WIP!!!!! YIPEEE!  

When Jess, my daughter, convinced me to start this project I wasn't sure I could complete an entire fantasy novel.  But I stuck with it and I can't believe that I'm finished.  Currently called The Hidden Truth, it weighs in at 73,165 words. (I'm in WRiTE CLUB mode!)  I'm sure it will grow a bit during revisions because when I started, I hadn't figured out many of the nuances that my characters have now revealed to me.

So now the editing work begins but I'm excited to reread the world I created and continue to breathe life into my characters.

Thanks to all of you out there who have offered advice and encouragement!  You guys are awesome! :)


******
On the Road p. III

Today, after a week and a half exploring Wisconsin, we are hitting the road again to head home.  We've had a wonderful time here.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the food choices.  Of course there is plenty of the standard cheesy filled dishes like fried cheese curds, beer cheese soup, and cheeseburgers, but we were also able to find some great little places serving light pastas, exotic vegetarian dishes, and entrees using all locally grown ingredients.

We've had the opportunity to watch a Green Bay Packers practice, roam the capital city of Madison, and enjoy Wisconsin's natural beauty at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens.  We've explored the town of Lake Geneva and relaxed in the tiny town of Elkhart Lake (pop. 967).

All in all we've had a great trip and the best part is that instead of my husband coming out here all alone for business, we got to all be together.          


     
Alyssa's flower picture

Jess's picture of the capital building, Madison



Ryan's picture of Packers practice

Have a great weekend!

Kathy :)




8 comments:

  1. Cool you got to see the Packers practice.
    Congratulations on finishing your manuscript!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! If/when you need a reasonably priced professional editor to help you out, let me know. I might know someone (me). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the first draft. I love that feeling. Great pictures, btw. Glad you are enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to make the most of your time away with your family even though your husband had to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing a WIP. My favorite two words in the English Language? The End.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my mentors said, "If you write one page per day, you'll have a 365-page book in a year." So logical - yet so profound, isn't it? Congratulations on finishing your manuscript!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the writing achievements. I haven't been to Wisconsin in a couple of decades. I'd love to go back.


    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete