Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Book Review: 11/22/63

Would you go back in time to right a wrong, to change the course of history? Would the world really be a better place?

This is the basis for Stephen King's novel, 11/22/63.  High school English teacher, Jake Epping, has the chance to go back in time and save President Kennedy.  But he finds the past does not want to be changed and many obstacles stand in his way.  Even if he can save the President, will it totally destroy the world as we know it?  Jake has no way of knowing.

This was my first Stephen King novel, (I've never been into scary or horror stuff), and it totally blew me away.  His writing is captivating and vivid. I had a hard time putting it down.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for an intense thrill ride.


****
Are you ready for the A-Z?  I'm not! It's less than a week away.  Well, I'm excited for it, but as usual, I can't seem to get my mind to pre-write my posts! Ahhhhh! So I've decided to take the rest of the week off from blogging so I can focus on it.  I'll still be hopping around a bit, but no more posts for the week.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Kathy :)

9 comments:

  1. I love how Stephen King writes, but I can't sleep at night if I read past afternoon, LOL.

    Good luck with A-Z! It'll be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished this book and absolutely loved it!! One of my top 5 favorite King books!

    I'm in the challenge too!! Good luck!

    Hugs!

    Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, but its so huge that I keep putting it off. Maybe this will give me the nudge to finally tackle it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your first Stephen King novel! I've read all of them, but I do love horror. I recommend The Stand...it's not horror, it's more good versus evil kind of thing. I loved it, and it's HUGE :)

    I hopped over from the A to Z challenge, it's gonna be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My third time hearing about this book. Coincidentally I'm in the middle of writing a time travel book back to the 60s. How weird is that??
    Must read this one right away. And King is such an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad loved this book! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog!

    We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community
    in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work
    on. You have done a extraordinary job!

    Also visit my web page fred marvin associates

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Stephen King books but I love horror. He has a lot of books that aren't really horror, the easiest to remember (since they are movies) are the Shawshank Redemption (short story), the Green Mile and the Stand. Those are his big 3 but he does have plenty that aren't horror.

    ReplyDelete