Monday, March 18, 2013

Top 10 Movie Countdown




Today is Alex's Top 10 Movie Countdown.   Check out the linky list here to see everyone's top movies.

This is my list (my pictures weren't working so I took them off) :

10. Christmas Vacation- 
I know it's really corny and probably doesn't fit in a top ten list, but I just love this movie.  It makes me laugh every time.

9. Shakespeare in Love- 
This is a great romantic movie and you can't go wrong with Gwyneth Paltrow and Joseph Fiennes.  I love how Shakespeare's work is used as the basis for this story.

8. Schindler's List-
This one makes me cry every time, but it is such an important story.

7. Hotel Rwanda-
I guess I'm drawn to movies like this that show what humanity can fall to, if we let the differences between us matter more than our similarities.

6. Gandhi-
Though it is extremely long, I loved every minute of this movie. It inspired me to read much more about Gandhi and the struggles for Indian Independence.

5. Seven Years in Tibet- 
Another great film about a great man.  I'm fascinated by the Dalai Lama and his life.


4. Avengers- The combination of great actors, action and humor made this one of my favorites!

3. Raiders of the Lost Ark- I still love this movie even after seeing it countless times. The combination of action and humor is irresistible for me... and of course so is Harrison Ford.    


2. Jurassic Park- I had always loved dinosaurs as a kid and this movie blew me away.   

1. Star Wars- This movie came out when I was 5 and I don't think any other movie has affected me the way it did.  It opened up whole new worlds and possibilities for me.

What are your favorites?

**Healthy Writer's Update**

After tonight I will have completed my third week of P90X, and I do feel great!  I still can't do more than 1 pull up at a time, but I'm really improving on a lot of the other exercises!

 How is your fitness going? Are any of these movies on your favorites list?

Oh and thanks so much to all my new followers!  I've finally hit 300! YAY!
Have a great week!

Kathy :)

19 comments:

  1. The Avengers and Jurassic Park top my list as well.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star Wars and Avengers are on my list too! I really liked 7 years in Tibet as well. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Avengers, and despite it's length, I really did enjoy 7 Years in Tibet. (But my hubby didn't.) Go fig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...doesn't fit in a top ten list" ?? It's your list and it fits just fine wherever you put it!

    Minimal overlap with my list. I've not seen several of these. Always more to read, watch, do and see than I have time for, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shakespeare in love! I loved that movie. Now why didn't I put that on my list.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gandhi! You know, we have that movie, but we haven't opened it yet. Maybe that's what we'll do tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to see 7yrs in tibet....thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Another fan of Shakespeare in Love. One of my all time favs. And I came so close to including Hotel Rwanda on my list. It was such a heartbreaking movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star Wars, The Avengers and Jurassic Park... love 'em! Good movie choices. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex- Thanks for hosting it! It was fun!

    Elise & Crystal- Great minds think alike! :)

    Jeff- Thanks! You're right. I have a lot of movies that I want to see.

    Nutschell- haha! There were a lot of good ones that I forgot too.

    David- I hope you enjoy it!

    Tammy- Oh, it's a great movie. I hope you get to see it.

    L.G.- It was heartbreaking, I can't believe that people can do those things.

    Karen- There are so many good ones, it was hard to pick just 10.

    Mel- Thanks!

    Patrick- Oh my gosh! I guess I can't count!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love The Avengers!! And now I, too, am wondering what was #3!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. We didn't have any list overlap but Star War was definitely in the running.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices - some of my favourites there, like Shakespeare in Love and Hotel Rwanda.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't seen all these, but the ones I love are:

    Shakespeare in Love, Schindler's List (though don't feel the need to watch it again), Jurassic Park and of course Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been too long since I've watched Jurassic Park, such a good one! Also, Christmas Vacation totally counts. Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list and some very interesting choices! Adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw Ghandi when I was a kid, so my memories of it are a bit hazy. I'd like to see it again. Never get tired of Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Hotel Rwanda" was hard to watch. It made my stomach churn but it was a well done movie. :3

    ReplyDelete