Friday, March 2, 2012

Interview with Aldrea Alien


Today I'm welcoming one of our winners of February's Knights of Micro-Fiction, Aldrea Alien from Thardrandian Thoughts.  Check out Jess's blog for the interview with our other winner, T.Z. Wallace.

Hi Aldrea it's great to have you here.  When did you know you wanted to be a writer

I’d say when I was about thirteen and first introduced to the wonderful genres of Fantasy and Science Fiction. The writing bug bit definitely hard then.

Oooh that's one kind of bug I like!  
What's your current WIP

That would be Dark One’s Mistress, about a seventeen-year-old girl who is kidnapped for the sole purpose of propagating the Dark Lord’s line. It’s an experiment of how far I can get into a story with one pov.

Sounds like a great plot, maybe even a little scary.  I'd love to read more about it.  
 What are your goals for this year

Same thing I do every year. Try to take over the wor- I mean get published. ^_^

Hehe (evil laugh) me too.
How long have you been blogging and how has it improved your writing

I’ve had a blog for ... goodness ... it’s been a year now. On the other hand, I’ve been blogging for six months. As for it improving my writing ... what with fifteen years of writing versus six months of blogging ... I don’t think it’s had time to affect it.


Well we are sure glad you are blogging now.  That flash fiction piece you wrote was great!
What do you like to do when you’re not writing

So many things. Let’s see ... during the day there’s making images with DazStudio or playing Runescape. At night and most of Sunday (when hubby has the computer) then, if I’m not watching TV, I’m reading. On top of all of it, there’s the bubbly presence of my daughter to contend with.

You've created some pretty cool images with DazStudio.  

Is there anything else we should know about you

Despite it not being my real name, I’ve had the name Aldrea K Alien kicking around the net for a good long while. When I was younger, I used to toy with using it as my pseudonym. I may just do that as my real name is shared with an erotic writer. -_-

OOh I like your assumed name.  I always thought it would be cool to come up with another me!  
Well Aldrea thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!  That's all for today.   
Thanks to all of you readers out there for stopping by!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!  And if you like flash fiction, don't forget to sign up for next month's Knights of Micro-Fiction here.    
And don't forget to stop by Aldrea's blog and say "hi"

Kathy :)

3 comments:

  1. Fun interview! Aldrea is awesome! Thanks for sharing, Kathy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah she has some great answers. I'm still trying to think of a good pen name for me! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Science fiction and fantasy kicked off my writing as well. And I'd be leery if my name was also that of an erotica writer!

    ReplyDelete