Friday, February 4, 2011

A Good Laugh


I was in the middle of my work and my girls were making an immense amount of noise.  My train of thought was now disturbed so I listened to what was going on.  They were bursting with laughter.  I couldn't even tell what they were saying.  Finally I heard Jessica say, "a bosc of bixed mixers".....what were they talking about?  I listened some more. Alyssa answered, "a box of bixits mixed"....then more laughter.  Tongue twisters.  They were trying to say -- A box of biscuits, a box of mixed biscuits, a biscuit mixer."  Pretty soon I got in on the action and I couldn't say it either.  We kept going back and forth trying to get it right.  Not one of us could say it right.  Tears started forming in my eyes I was laughing so hard.  It was just a tongue twister it wasn't really all that funny, but we couldn't help ourselves.  The laughter gushed out of us like water rushing from a broken dam.  We finally settled down but later in the car they started up again.  This time I had to tell them to stop.  I could hardly breath or see the road because of our wild merriment.  I guess some days we just need a good laugh.

Kathy      

No comments:

Post a Comment