Monday, January 23, 2012

Good Things

I had a great weekend!

First, on Friday I was busy making our special Nicaraguan dinner for our Foreign Food Fest, (which by the way turned out very yummy!), when my son came up to me and pleaded with his puppy dog brown eyes to go out and build a snowman.  Normally I love that kind of thing but I was in the middle of cooking, it was getting dark and I didn't feel like going outside.  But I knew it was supposed to rain again soon and I wanted him to make one before the snow was gone.  I relented.  So glad I did!  Sometimes when I least want to do something is when I'm rewarded the most.
 The snow was too powdery to make a good snowman, but that didn't stop us.  We formed a little pile that looked like a tiny volcano, found a big chunk of snow for the head, and stuck two sticks in for arms.  We also chased each other around throwing snow.  We were both laughing hysterically. Ryan thought it especially funny when he threw a snowball and it trickled down my back into my snow pants.  I jumped around like a maniac, but it was hilarious.  He put a hat on the tiny snowman, it was about the size of a chicken, and we went inside.  Perfect timing, the nacatamales (it's like a tamale) were finished steaming and it was time to eat.      

Saturday, I was overjoyed to receive a box of books from Julie Maughon, over at Rosewood Pencil Box, for participating in her blogfest Oh The Early Work.  Thanks Julie the books are awesome!

That brings me to the Origins blogfest Feb 13th- hosted by   DL Hammons (Cruising Altitude), Katie Mills (Creepy Query Girl), Alex Cavanaugh, and Matthew MacNish (Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment).  It's all about when you first knew that you wanted to become a writer.  Check out the full description here.   


Sunday, I had a busy day but it was filled with fun activities like, skating, swimming and going to the gym.  

All around a great weekend!  

I'd love to hear what you were up to this weekend.

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. I can just picture those scenes you described. I love reading about those wonderful memories you are creating with your family. I have a theory that if every child was being brought up like your children, with lots of love and affection, there wouldn't be any terrorism in the world...

    Coming back down to earth, I focused on getting a beta-read done for one of my favorite grandchildren. Completing this project gave me a great sense of accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathy! I am so jealous of your snow!! It is hot hot hot in FLA right now. So crazy. And that Nicaraguan meal sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying your books!

    ReplyDelete