Today is the first Thursday of the month, which means I missed Wednesday, the day of the IWSG where we writers share our insecurities, hopes and dreams with the world and give support to our fellow IWSGers! Click on The Insecure Writer's Support Group to join us.
This month's theme is Show Your Writer Insecurity Contest. I was so insecure about it that I'm posting a whole day late. But here it is, a picture of me with the IWSG logo:
|Jumping Into Your Insecurities|
2 LIES and a Truth Bloghop!
Last time I participated in my daughter, Jess McKendry's bloghop called LIES to celebrate the release of her second novel The Inferiors. Head over to her blog and check it out, in the next couple days she'll be announcing the lucky winner of her book.
I gave you two lies about myself and one truth and you had to pick the truth.
1. I've lived in Ohio all my life.
2. I don't like heavy metal or rap music.
3. I have an irrational fear of sharks even in fresh water.
Here's the answers:
1. LIE, I've moved around over 12 times and lived in eight different states! Ohio is our home now though.
2. LIE, While rap and heavy metal may not be my absolute favorite genres of music...give me Pantera's Cowboys From Hell or Drake's One Dance and I'll be head banging or rapping right along with everyone else!
3. TRUTH!!! :) I'm absolutely terrified of sharks! Even when I'm in deep, fresh water all that runs through my mind are the scenes from JAWS where the shark comes up behind the person and chomps them in half while skiing or swimming! I know it's totally irrational but I can't help it. Despite my fear my husband convinced me to go jet skiing in the Gulf of Mexico and kayaking in Monterrey Bay. Both times, I couldn't wait to get back on shore and later we found out that a great white shark had been spotted the very next week in Monterrey Bay!
Do you have any irrational fears?
Hope you all are having a great week despite everything in the news. Give everyone in your life a little extra attention and love. Even in darkness there is beauty all around us. These dahlias are blooming in my garden right now and they make me smile.