Monday, April 20, 2015

Q is for Quixote


This year, my theme is Quotes from A-Z.  Each day I will post a quote from a person whose name starts with each day's letter.  It will be short and sweet but hopefully it will bring a moment of inspiration, laughter, or meditation to your busy day.  I would love to hear your thoughts on the quotes in the comments or what other quote is your favorite by that day's person. On each Saturday, I will list all the quotes from the week and you can vote to tell me which was your favorite!



Q is for Don Quixote
(1605- present) Spanish knight errant

Don Quixote and Sancho Panza
by Gustav Dore -1863, Wikipedia




“When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!” 











Quote found on Goodreads.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful on the "Q" that was a quote or something close to it for a few years ago...

    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He kind of summed it up well with that last thought of is; to see life as it is, and not as it should be! Sometimes we get stuck in the drudgery of life and forget the beauty of it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to see life as it should be, but the universe isn't agreeing with me at the moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one. "Seeing life as it should be..." If only everyone did that ! Great theme! Quotes are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote for Q! I bet it was much too easy to live a plan and uninspired existence back in Don Quixote's day - but it's still great advice for today's world as well: be daring, be bold, be...a little crazy now and then :-)


    Alone With My Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of surrendering dreams as madness. Great quote all the way around.

    ReplyDelete