Thursday, December 1, 2016

I'm A Radical Now

As a kid I followed the rules
Studied hard, got A’s in school.
Wanted to be good
Wanted to please my parents

Grew up with LOVE all around
Thought everyone did
And wanted to share it.

Lived a sheltered life in a small Michigan town
Now the world is upside down
LOVE 
is a radical idea.  

Look all around me
I’m surrounded by hate.
Look inside me, scared at the hate I find.

Hate intolerant people,
Hate fear mongers,
Hate ignorance.

That’s no better.

Can I change?
Have to change

Have to LOVE EVERYONE.
But can I
LOVE them simply for their humanity?
LOVE
The insanely slow driver in front of me,
The rude cashier,
The lady that despises me,
The man that despises you,

Can I LOVE them all?

Never thought I’d be a radical
Never thought LOVE was radical.

No longer following

I’M A RADICAL NOW

Not afraid
Not angry
Not judging

But loving
LOVING
LOVING.

LOVING EVERYONE.

Won’t change the world
But LOVE will change MINE.


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!
With Love,

Kathy :)

4 comments:

  1. It is so difficult to keep that loving feeling for everybody because sometimes they take their bad day out on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally- That is hard, I'm still working on that! I think it's a constant struggle to see the humanity in everyone and try to see the situation from their side! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

      Delete