Thursday, September 23, 2010

Never Enough Time

Do you ever get to the end of the day and wonder, "Where did this day go?" I do, almost every day! Between working, getting my kids to sports and music lessons, and attempting to make something resembling dinner, the day seems to evaporate like fog in the desert sun. I have tried to be more organized, yet the piles on my kitchen counters reveal how successful that has been. My kids consider it a lucky day if they can find clean underwear before school.  Maybe if days were officially changed to 48 hours.......
Until this happens, I have decided to take matters into my own hands. Even though I'm a person who needs a solid 8 hours of sleep, I pledge to drag myself out of bed before 5:59 a.m. every week day morning. In these precious morning hours when the rest of the family lies in angelic sleep, I will begin my day and attempt to make my newly found hours mean more. I know I will want to hit that snooze 4 or 5 times.  But I have to do something differently.  If you have other ideas on how to get more out of a day, let me know, or if you decide to join me in my pledge I'd love to hear what you do in the precious hours before dawn. Otherwise, if you see someone asleep in the line at the grocery store, it's probably me.

Have a great day and try to enjoy at least some of your hours today!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment