Wednesday, June 1, 2022

June's #IWSG Curiosity Gets Me to the End

 Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!


Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time - and return comments. This group is all about connecting!--from IWSG website

Find us on Twitter at @TheIWSG #IWSG


The awesome co-hosts for this month are:

This month's optional question is: When the going gets tough writing the story, how do you keep yourself writing to the end? If have not started the writing yet, why do you think that is and what do you think could help you find your groove and start?

Curiosity is what keeps me writing to the end. I usually only have a basic idea of where the story will go when I begin. It is fascinating how characters take on a life of their own seemingly independent of me. My brain has birthed them from somewhere but then like real children, they sometimes make choices that I never would have expected. I want to see where their journey takes them. 

For my non-fiction book, One Year on Broadway, I persevered because I believed the world needed more stories of love and forgiveness, of coming together to be a part of something bigger than ourselves.


Can't wait to read what your strategies are to get through to the end! 
I hope you all have a wonderful June!!


Love,

Kathy 

4 comments:

  1. That's great that curiosity about your characters keeps you going. For me, it's perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, you are so right: the world needs more stories of love and forgiveness. My friend and editor Marie Beswick Arthur has her first fiction novel released as of yesterday. It's about love and forgiveness and is called Listen For Water. I'm spreading the word for the very reasons you stated above. Happy IWSG Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we all need to be more curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far my characters haven't led me too far off the path.

    ReplyDelete