Friday, April 24, 2015

U is for Unpopular Essays

This year, my theme is Quotes from A-Z.  Each day I will post a quote from a person whose name starts with each day's letter.  It will be short and sweet but hopefully it will bring a moment of inspiration, laughter, or meditation to your busy day.  I would love to hear your thoughts on the quotes in the comments or what other quote is your favorite by that day's person. On each Saturday, I will list all the quotes from the week and you can vote to tell me which was your favorite!




U is for Unpopular Essays
written by Bertrand Russell in 1950

Bertrand Russell
From Wikipedia





“Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.”










Quote from Goodreads.

Do you have any special plans for the weekend? I'm hoping to clean up my flower beds if it's not snowing like yesterday!  

Kathy 

5 comments:

  1. I love that quote! Lots of fights and wars could be averted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that; if you conquer your fear you probably could do a lot of good things! No special plans for the weekend;just the usual grocery shopping, etc. I think there might be a car show we go to if the weather is nice :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suddenly I am reminded of Dune - "Fear is the mind killer ..." a valid sentiment.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is spot on, but there are so amny fears

    ReplyDelete