Thursday, April 23, 2015

T is for Mark Twain

This year, my theme is Quotes from A-Z.  Each day I will post a quote from a person whose name starts with each day's letter.  It will be short and sweet but hopefully it will bring a moment of inspiration, laughter, or meditation to your busy day.  I would love to hear your thoughts on the quotes in the comments or what other quote is your favorite by that day's person. On each Saturday, I will list all the quotes from the week and you can vote to tell me which was your favorite!




T is for Mark Twain
(1835-1910)


Mark Twain
From Wikipedia


“what is joy without sorrow? what is success without failure? what is a win without a loss? what is health without illness? you have to experience each if you are to appreciate the other. there is always going to be suffering. it’s how you look at your suffering, how you deal with it, that will define you.”

and because I need a little humor today, I'm giving you a bonus second Mark Twain quote.


“Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”



Quotes from Goodreads.

Kathy :)

4 comments:

  1. I'll skip the frog, thanks!
    If we didn't know how bad it could be we wouldn't appreciate how good we have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love Twain's quotes. Some are so funny! I will definitely pass on the frog though LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL with the frog; I'm sure nothing else will happen to us for the rest of the day beause we'll be so sick we'll be stuck in bed for the rest of it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe him on the second one! A lot of truth in the first one.

    ReplyDelete