Saturday, April 4, 2015

D is for Emily Dickinson



This year, my theme is Quotes from A-Z.  Each day I will post a quote from a person whose name starts with each day's letter.  It will be short and sweet but hopefully it will bring a moment of inspiration, laughter, or meditation to your busy day.  I would love to hear your thoughts on the quotes in the comments or what other quote is your favorite by that day's person. On each Saturday, I will list all the quotes from the week and you can vote to tell me which was your favorite!  




D is for Emily Dickinson
(1830-1886) American poet

from Wikipedia

                                                                 
 

                        "I dwell in possibility..."
















Quote found on Goodreads


This week's quotes:

A- "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle
B- “If money be not thy servant, it will be thy master. The covetous man cannot so properly be said to possess wealth, as that may be said to possess him.” -Francis Bacon
C- “...your grace's words have been like manure spread on the barren ground of my dry and uncultivated mind.” -Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote
D- "I dwell in possibility..."- Emily Dickinson



Which one did you like the best?

How did your first week of the Challenge go?
Have a great weekend and Happy Easter.

Kathy :)

8 comments:

  1. Ha, don't we all. I think this one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that thought. I might have to adapt it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really words to live by. The possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the possibility one by Emily D. Considering her quiet life, the idea that she still thought that there were possibilities for her is revealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like C and D.
    I like my first week of challenge. it was really fun week I anjoyed it very much.
    Happy Easter.

    Angelzuz

    ReplyDelete
  6. JE- I think it is my favorite as well.

    Betty- I think it's very appropriate for writers!

    Alex- Sure is.

    Susan- It is such a positive way to think.

    Stacey- Thanks for stopping by!

    loverofwords- Yes it is!

    angelzuz- Glad you had a great first week, good luck on week 2!

    ReplyDelete