Monday, April 25, 2011

UN- BELEIVEABLE!

Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
There have been a few times in my life where I am surrounded by incredible, awe inspiring beauty.  Seeing the Grand Canyon, hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park, taking the Road to Hana and standing in front of the Taj Mahal were all moments where I was surprisingly speechless...except for one word UN-BELEIVEABLE! I just kept repeating it over and over.  We would walk to a new angle, I'd snap a few pictures, pause and repeat, "UN-BELIEVABLE!"  My brain could come up with no other words to express what my senses were experiencing.  In the shadow of such grandeur, I felt tiny and insignificant, yet somehow oddly connected to all the people throughout history who had been there before me.

I am totally aware of my lack of word choices, but I know that when I eventually get to the Pyramids or The Great Wall, I will stare across the endless panorama and exclaim, UN-BELIEVABLE!


What amazing places have you visited that made you speechless?

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. this might be cliche, but the grand canyon last summer (and las vegas baby!)
    happy u day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me think of your experience white- water rafting on the Ganges River, where you faced the 12 foot wall of water. I bet you thought unbelievable then too. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete