Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thinking about "K"

Jessica, 4, in my wedding dress.
I almost wrote about the cool "K" word my husband came up with,  kaleidoscope.  I was thinking how I used to love them as a kid.  Then I realized "kid"starts with "k".  So I thought I could tell you how wonderful my kids are and how they teach me as much as I teach them.   I thought of Jessica's 14th birthday last year.  She wanted  a Key Lime Pie.  I made it the night of her birthday, but I got distracted and the crust came out a dark brown color.  Luckily I hadn't put the filling in yet so I decided I had to make another crust.  It was getting late and I was frustrated that her night wasn't going well.  She came up to me and gave me a hug and said, "Mom you don't need to make another one tonight.  I can wait until tomorrow."  That was my little girl but she wasn't so little anymore.  


Kathy



6 comments:

  1. Such a cute pic!! Kids are pretty amazing ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pic was taken at around 1:00 am. She couldn't sleep and wanted to talk about life. I don't remember why but she wanted to try on my wedding dress and I relented, never realizing how much that night would mean to me later.

    ReplyDelete