Monday, November 1, 2010

Preparations

Today is November 1st.  I can't believe how fast time has flown by this year.  It's gone so fast, that last month I actually submitted my time card for work and I wrote a "3" in for the month.  My manager called me just to make sure I wasn't putting in time from March!  My brain couldn't process that we were already in the 10th month of the calendar.
Now, I only have 24 days to plan the menu and get the house ready for our big Thanksgiving feast.  Every year I host Thanksgiving dinner for our family.  11 adults and 6 kids.  Yes I am crazy!!  They all stay right here in our house for 3 days.  We don't have room for everyone, so at night the kids all "camp out" on the floor.  By Saturday, total chaos descends on the house as the kids run around crazy from their inevitable lack of sleep and from the sugar pumping through their veins.  The adults stay up late talking, playing cards, cooking, and eating more pie than we should.  It's all great though. It's the only time the whole family is together. Throughout the year, we all look forward to those 3 days in November when we are all under the same roof.    

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment