Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Stars Aligned

Usually I go through a day adding more items to my "To do" list than I manage to cross off.  By the end of the  week it looks like a book.  Sometimes I wonder if  a list even helps or if it just showcases my procrastination.   Yesterday, however, I managed to cross off 6 of the tasks on my list!  I don't know how it happened... maybe the stars were aligned for productivity.  Whatever it was, I didn't think about all the reasons why I couldn't do something, I just did it.   It didn't even take all that long to accomplish each item. I ended the day feeling great and I wasn't any more exhausted than normal.  I think I was even energized by the feeling of accomplishment.  If only I could repeat this daily, maybe my list would disappear.  But then I guess adding to the list is the only way to keep moving forward.  I don't really want to come to the end, I just want tasks crossed off sooner.  I'll take it one day at a time and hope that today I can continue doing instead of making up excuses.

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kathy! I followed your blog link off of Writing Mothers group on WD. Nice to meet you! I love your little blurb beneath your pic. :)
    You bring up such a great point.. there's no way we can do it ALL. But sometimes if we just focus on one thing at a time we get what needs to be done, done.
    I look forward to reading more posts. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete